Saturday, January 12, 2008

I'm Departing, Momentarily

For all of my millions of fans, this is a short note to say that there won't be any new posts appearing in this space for a while, as I head off to the coast with family for a week or two...although I do have to come back into town every now and again for the occasional party.

My posting frequency has been rather low recently anyway; having a social life is just so exhausting! I've been partying, been introduced to "Arrested Development" and am hooked again on "Coupling" (holidays and DVDs are a wicked combination.) Tonight means another 18th; my liver squirms at the thought.

Song for the day: Paper Planes, by M.I.A. M.I.A. is a British female hip-hopper of Sri Lankan heritage, which is strange enough already. This is a dreamy, summery tune about...well, I'm not really sure. In fact, for most of the song, the lyrics are incomprehensible, although I did make out the words "weed" and "bongs" on an occasion. (Wink wink, nudge nudge...) Anyway, whether M.I.A. is Amy Winehouse's drug pal or not, she's got a kicking tune here that has just been added to my soundtrack to summer.

Anyway, pray for me as I wait for my university offers on Monday night/Tuesday morning (not that I'm too worried...I'm well above the clearly in score so I'm good.) It's the university college scholarship that I'm actually praying for.

;) peace

me

No comments: