Friday, February 1, 2008

Musings...february

It's February, and it's honestly rather astonishing to think that we're already a twelfth of the way through 2008. It feels like, for me, it's only just started, but in actual fact I've spent thirty-one days of 2008 wallowing in a stupor...I've never really been so lazy in all my life.

With no rowing training program or homework to keep me occupied, I've taken to long spells on the computer, hardly healthy for my soul. It would've been fine if I'd been writing glorious blog posts, but instead I appeared to find my solace in useless youtube videos and music forums. All in all, I'm wasting my precious life doing nothing at all, really, and I'm feeling rather guilty about it at present.

So here are my resolutions: a month too late, but better late than never. I've woken up to the fact that without pragmatism, I'm going to be a directionless bum before you know it.

1)...is to get a decent job. I've virtually been quietly shown the door at my old work - they haven't given me a shift for weeks. I keep ringing in, and there are no shifts for me. I don't feel too bad because I have friends that work there too who are struggling for shifts, but it annoys me that they don't have the guts to say "Sorry mate, we just haven't got room for you here."

2)...is to work my arse off at university. I'm into my course, I'm living in on campus at a frightfully expensive college, there are friends around me and the sky's the limit. There are millions of people who would kill to be where I am right now, so I'm not going to screw it up. There is a place in the university's graduate law course, and it has MY name on it.

3)...is to write something. Writing is basically all I'm good at...that and reading out what I've written. Sure, I can muster a vague sense of a tune on a piano, and I'm not bad value at parties, but who knows. If I set my mind to a novel, a play, a script or even (god forbid) poetry, I might get somewhere with it.

4)...is to limit my computer time. From now on, I'm going to try and limit myself to an hour a day. This will be mostly spent checking in on my beloved forums, downloading a song or two and searching quickly on Wikipedia or youtube. I'll have to take a bit more time, of course, to write these marvellous blog posts. I think I need to get outside more...it might be good for my zits.

5)...is to be far more regular with blog posting. That basically contradicts my fourth resolution, but I actually enjoy the introspection I get on here. It's pretty much my own private diary, because...well, let's face it, there isn't anybody reading. And heck, if someone does come along, at least they can appreciate my ability to string together a few sentences with diligence and discipline.

Other than that, I might just have discovered how to post a picture....hold on...



















Did that work? OK, well if it did, that's Imogen Heap's album "Speak For Yourself". I have just discovered this incredible artist...well, I discovered her a while ago, but it was one of those things where you were aware of her, but hadn't fully realised her awesomeness. Now I've realised it, it really is incredible. (That was all rather incoherent). Basically, she's awesome. "The Moment I Said It" is pure, awe-inspiring music.

Other than that, I'm praying for money, some fun in the sun and a comment or two wouldn't go astray.
;) peace to all
me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have any luck getting around to writing anything you must share it with me. :) I'm not really getting anywhere at all with my writing, it's sort of start and stop after a long dry spell for me but hopefully you will do a lot better than me!! And good luck with the job hunting!

If it makes you feel any better on my days off I do absolutely nothing, I am just so lazy. I just had a break from work for weeks and weeks as I work at a school and got nothing achieved and now I'm back and completely overwhelmed as I have too much to do... I think it's because life exhausts you and you need a break and you just slow right down and can't speed up again... lol