Saturday, February 2, 2008

Saturday

Here I am again...and I'm sorry to report that I already violated (rather excessively) one of the earnest resolutions I discussed in my previous post. Yes, I stayed up too late again last night online, mucking about and doing nothing in particular. It really is a dreadful vice. Anyway, life goes on and perhaps, eventually, it will all end.

Things are generally looking up though. It doesn't look like I'll be totally bored this week; there's the possibility of a small gathering on Monday night, and I'm booked into watching the Australia vs Qatar soccer game on Wednesday, which should be a hoot. On Thursday night there's the school leavers function...a get together for our year level. It'll be weird to see everybody again after what has been three, probably three and a half months apart.

Other than that, I might even get to start rowing again! Yay. Well, actually, rowing is one of those impossible paradoxes in life. It's incredibly hard work physically - honestly, I'd rather do a 15km run than a 2km rowing race - it kills your hands (they end up badly blistered and calloused), you have absolutely no social life (because you're too tired to go out and besides, drinking is bad for rowers) and everybody pays you out. But hey, it's just so fecking awesome! Besides, being in the first rowing crew meant I was friends with all the jocks and had a vague sense of status in the school for the first term last year.

Rowing at university'll be a bit different - it's more serious and the competition's harder. But I'm always up for a challenge. I've been invited to go down on the Thursday but it clashes with the leavers function...perhaps I'll go the following week.

Anyway, other than that, there's little more to say. Have a good weekend, and peace all around.

;) me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rowing eh? It always looked like too much hard work to me so it makes sense to me that you would have to love it to do it! Hope you have fun at the school leavers function... don't think any major dramas would have occured yet with anyone after 3 and a half months, but you never know...

I'm so sad I missed all the fun on the forums after your Erstwhile Deckboard madness... lol

Mr Melodicus said...

Oh, that was weird...I felt like a bit of a tool afterwards. :D lol

Rowing...yeah. It's crazy. School leavers function - I guess nothing should be too dramatic, although I've heard rumours...three girls have come out as lesbians, someone's addicted to heroin, you know the deal.

And this is at a private school too!

Anyway, I'm thinking of SYTYCD blogging. Might boost readership (not that I don't value your regular comments!)

;) peace